Natural Alum Deodorant Stone - 90g block
Natural alum crystal is an effective deodorant that acts by neutralising perspiration and inhibitting the bacteria that can cause unpleasant odours. Easily applied by gently wetting the crystal or the skin and rubbing gently over the area.
- Great for using as you get out of the shower.
- Can also help with foot odour.
- Natural alum has an astringent effect and it can be used after shaving to tone the skin.
- It also helps to relieve shaving rash and the closing of small cuts.
- Try on insect bites, too!
These deodorant stones are long lasting.
Details Click to see more
- Natural volcanic sources of alum (look for potash alum or potassium alum) are used as a natural deodorant.
- Synthetic, factory produced alums (look for ammonium alum) are used as commercial deodorant ingredients and are ammonium salts (residues from industrial processes) that are agglomerated back into crystal form before being sold as deodorant..
- Another ingredient, aluminium chlorohydrate is used to fabricate antiperspirants and has been shown to be able to pass into the skin to the bloodstream..
- Differences are reported by users between synthetic and natural alums in their effectiveness at deodorizing.
- It is important to read the label, as they do look the same!
- Natural volcanic alum is an earth grown crystal. It occurs in Syria, Morocco, China and the Philippines. Our alum is from Syria.
- The molecules are very large, for this reason and due to their negative charge the molecules cannot pass through the skin barrier. The do not transfer to the bloodstream.
- Natural alum is a very planet friendly deodorant. It has been made in nature by natural seismic and geothermal processes and does not require further processing.