DISCOVER THE LEG OF LAMB IN A SALT CRUST!
Recipe for 4 people
- 1.5 kg of boneless leg of lamb (have it boned by your butcher)
- 1Kg of Le Guérande coarse grey unrefined sea salt
- 300 g flour of your choice
- ½ glass of water
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon cold pressed olive oil
- 1 piece of unsalted raw butter
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- A few sprigs of thyme (for decoration)
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of Le Guérande salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 210 ° C (Gas 7)
- In a salad bowl, put the coarse grey Le Guérande salt, the flour and water. Mix until a homogeneous mixture is obtained and let stand for one hour in the fridge.
- Heat the oil and butter in a sauté pan, salt and pepper the leg of lamb and brown it, then set aside.
- Spread the salt dough at the bottom of your dish about 2 cm thick, place the leg of lamb there, sprinkle with thyme and close well by wetting the edges with water to seal them.
- Break an egg into a bowl and add a little water. Mix well and with a brush spread this mixture over the dough to ensure a nice colouring.
- Bake in a hot oven for about 45 minutes, remove from the oven and let stand for about 15 minutes. Break the crust and slice the leg of lamb.