No Added Sugar Products
Added sugar is a big problem in ready prepared foods. We have a number of products around the shop that have no added sugar, and as such can be a better choice for the health conscious and for people managing their weight and their dietary sugar intake.
Our range of fruit spreads are really delicious, and we have such a wide selection to choose from, with many being made using organic fruit. They are not able to be called “jam”, because they do not contain "added sugar".
We are often asked for chocolate without added sugar, but also without artificial sweeteners - this is not easy to find, but we do have several alternatives in our shop.
Our selection includes:
- Chocolate Bars, Drops and Buttons
- Boxes of Chocolates (seasonal)
- Cough Sweets with Added Stevia
- Breakfast Cereals
- Coconut Water Drinks
- Dairy Free Milk Substitutes
- Various Mueslis, Cakes and Breads
- Snack Bars
- Booja Booja Dairy Free Ice Cream
- Large Range of Fruit Spreads
- Peanut Butters and Nut Butters
- Cooking Sauces
- Variety of Condiments
- Concentrated Fruit Juices
- Organic Fresh Fruit Juices
- Agave Syrup
- Rice Syrup
- Date Syrup
- Stevia Powder
- We also have convenient cans of soup and ready meals that fit the bill
Of course the best way to control how much added sugar is in your diet is to make your own foods and we have all the ingredients for you to do this. Why not mix your own muesli, for instance, we have loads of tasty additions to keep it interesting. If you want to make your own rice pudding, why not start by soaking the rice for 24 hours in the milk before cooking. The rice will begin its sprouting process, some of the starches will have turned to natural sugars and so it will be plenty sweet enough for most palates, with just the addition of a little vanilla extract. Try it and see.