Eating how our ancestors ate is gaining in popularity, especially since the Atkins Diet and the advent of low carb eating. A ground breaking book on the subject of paleo diets was launched to the World in 2002 by Loren Cordain Ph.D. and many others in a similar vein have followed, by such people as Mark Sisson, Robb Wolf, Nora Gedgaudas and Professor Art De Vany.
Paleo (the original human diet) is more a way of life than just a “diet”, as it often involves a fitness regime.
Many of the foods we sell are perfect for the paleo way of eating:
- Pasture Fed and Organic Meats
- Nitrate Free Bacon
- Offal From Pasture Fed Animals
- Organic and Sustainable Fish - frozen and canned
- Pasture Fed Beef Jerky
- Pasture Fed Organic Ghee (dairy is considered a personal choice in paleo circles)
- Raw Butter (dairy is considered a personal choice in paleo circles)
- Free Range Pork Lard
- Pasture Fed Beef Dripping
- Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Organic Avocado Oil
- Organic Flax (Linseed) Oil
- Organic Walnut Oil
- Organic Fruit and Vegetables
- Live Cultured Vegetables
- Dried Fruits, Nuts and Seeds
- Grain Free Sausages and Burgers
- Organic Gelatine Sheets
- Ground Almonds (almond flour)
- Coconut Flour
- Organic Free Range Eggs
- Traditionally Produced Cod Liver Oils
- Green Pastures Fermented Cod Liver Oil
- Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil
- Dropi Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil
We have a range of paleo snacks and bars.
A wide selection of organic fresh fruits and vegetables are delivered to our shop every Wednesday. We stay open late - until 7pm, to help you get to us.